AmplifiedSpace is the world's leading power systems company for smart spacecraft. Our mission is to reduce spacecraft development timelines by a factor of twenty-four. To achieve this goal, we are currently developing power systems capable of rapid-manufacturing and on-orbit configuration in ways never seen before. Our novel technology is changing the ways our customers develop, produce, and operate their spacecraft.
The Staff Embedded Power Engineer will be the responsible engineer for all our engineering projects. As the first full-time engineer to join AmplifiedSpace, your opportunities to succeed will be great. This role will be highly impactful to the future success of the company. You'll conceptualize and produce all the embedded power systems for the company. You'll take loose requirements and make embedded systems that exceed the expectations of our customers.
Some days you'll be developing a printed circuit board. Other days you'll test a circuit board. Sometimes you'll write test software. Some days you'll build cables. You'll make sure that our demos are always working. You'll package and ship hardware to customers. You'll evaluate power supply topologies for future use. You'll write proposals to customers pitching our ideas for the next big thing. You'll order parts. You'll specify parts. You'll do circuit analysis. You'll make sure we deliver hardware on-time and on-budget. You'll talk with our customers and listen to their challenges and come up with solutions. You'll be able to manage your time efficiently. You'll pick up new skills where we need something that works, but nobody knows how to do it. You'll be the person that makes sure that things are working when it matters most.
Big picture. You'll be the person that runs everything that is hardware related. You're the A player. You're the best of the best. Not any typical embedded engineer can get this done. You're driven and want to succeed at all costs. You'll eventually want to lead a team of hardware and software developers while continuing to execute the vision of the company.
This is not a remote position - must be in, or willing to relocate, to the Boulder/Denver area.
Full-time, salary, $120-180k + benefits + equity
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be rooted in your understanding of basic electronic circuits.
- Must be rooted in your understanding of power electronics.
- Must be highly proficient in analog circuit design and layout.
- Must be highly proficient in high-speed digital circuit design and layout.
- Must be comfortable in a lab environment and know how to test and measure various power supply performance specifications.
- Experienced with Altium Designer or a similar software.
- Familiarity with common firmware and scripting languages (C, asm, verilog, Python, tcl).
- Familiarity with Gillium Nitride (GaN) and/or Silicon Carbide (SiC) transistors.
- Familiarity with DFT and DFM initiatives.
- Good communication skills.
- Desire to take risks.
- Ability to be flexible and execute quickly.
- Entreprenureal spirit.
- Desire to mentor and lead.
- FPGA design experience. Combinational logic, sequential logic, timing closure, verilog, verification, etc.
- Real-Time Embedded Systems. Rate-Monotonic Analysis, blocking functions, deterministic operation, etc.
- High-power (1kW+), High-voltage (100V+) power converter design experience.
- Designing for extreme temperature and radiation environments.
- Experience writing technical proposals.
- Experience with the SBIR/STTR process.
Email a cover letter and resume in pdf format to email@example.com.
You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered for this job. Do not apply to this job if you do not meet this basic requirement.
We will not engage third-party recruiters at this time.