AmplifiedSpace is the world's leading power systems company for smart spacecraft. Our mission is to reduce spacecraft development timelines by a factor of twenty-four. To achieve this goal, we are currently developing power systems capable of rapid-manufacturing and on-orbit configuration in ways never seen before. Our novel technology is changing the ways our customers develop, produce, and operate their spacecraft.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be the responsible engineer for developing the hardware for our power systems. As an early employee to join AmplifiedSpace, your opportunity to succeed will be great. This role will be highly impactful to the future success of the company. You'll produce embedded power systems that exceed the expectations of our customers.
Some days you'll design a printed circuit board. Other days you'll test a circuit board. Sometimes you'll write test software. Some days you'll build cables. You'll do circuit analysis. You'll make sure we deliver hardware on-time and on-budget. You'll talk with our customers and listen to their challenges and come up with solutions. You'll be able to manage your time efficiently. You'll be willing to pick up new skills where we need something that works, but nobody knows how to do it.
This is not a remote position - must be in, or willing to relocate, to the Boulder/Denver area.
Full-time, salary, $90-140k + benefits + equity
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Typically has 2-10 years experience with a BSEE or MSEE.
- Must be rooted in your understanding of basic electronics.
- Must be proficient in analog circuit design and layout.
- Must be proficient in high-speed circuit design and layout.
- Must be comfortable in an electronics lab environment.
- Experienced with Altium Designer or similar software.
- Experienced with LTSpice or similar software.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and execute quickly.
- Entrepreneurial interests.
- Familiarity with common firmware and scripting languages (C, asm, verilog, Python, tcl).
- Familiarity with Gillium Nitride (GaN) and/or Silicon Carbide (SiC) transistors.
- Familiarity with DFT and DFM initiatives.
- FPGA design experience. Combinational logic, sequential logic, timing closure, verilog, verification, etc.
- Real-Time Embedded Systems. Rate-Monotonic Analysis, blocking functions, deterministic operation, etc.
- High-power (1kW+), High-voltage (100V+) power converter design experience.
- Designing for extreme temperature and radiation environments.
Email a cover letter and resume in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your US citizenship or Permanent Resident status in your cover letter.
You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered for this job. Do not apply to this job if you do not meet this basic requirement.
We will not engage third-party recruiters at this time.